We are SPOUG, the Association of Oracle Users in Spain, comprising Oracle clients and partners. Our job consists in laying the foundations for collaboration between members to help make better use of Oracle products and services, as well as setting up areas of expertise and encouraging members to exchange insights. Our goal is to achieve optimal use of Oracle products and services.
SPOUG21 is the annual SPOUG convention that will be taking place on November 3 this year inside the Auditorium at Casa del Lector in the Matadero Madrid venue. Our slogan will be Let´s Re/start.
The aim of this hybrid event is to create a space where everyone can come together and enhance the knowledge and community of Oracle Users in Spain. There will be conferences by the finest international speakers, use cases presented by clients, and speakers specialising in processes.
Would you like to join us as a speaker?
The call for papers is open until 22 August
The live event will be taking place inside the Casa del Lector at Matadero Madrid, a venue designed for people to enjoy culture and knowledge right by the Madrid Rio riverbank.
The venue is very close to the heart of Madrid. Near Atocha Station you will find a great variety of accommodation options just a few minutes away from Casa del Lector.
Paseo de la Chopera, 14
(34) 91 700 06 76
Legazpi (L3, L6)
6, 8, 18, 19, 22, 45, 47, 59, 62, 76, 78, 79, 85, 86, 123, 148, 156, 180, 247, T32
Bike hire (BiciMAD)
Stations: 165, 177
We are looking for speakers and experts wishing to talk about Oracle’s technology and apps. If you would like to be a speaker at SPOUG21 because you have a success story to share with us or some tips or experience with Oracle to tell us about, this is the event for you and we look forward to hearing what you have to say.
If you would like to become a SPOUG21 sponsor or set up your own space at the event, get in touch and we will help to boost your brand or organisation.
There will be a Networking Area at SPOUG21. Also, will be a special area where sponsors will do their session. Want to find out more?
Email us at email@example.com.
Holding this event safely is crucial for SPOUG. Therefore, we will be conducting free antigen tests at the entrance, keeping a safe distance, wearing gloves, using hand sanitiser and wearing mandatory face coverings.
The REHVA or Federation of European HVAC Systems published a document containing recommendations and precautions to condition office spaces against Covid-19. According to their guidelines, Casa del Lector is implementing the following measures in its climate conditioning:
- Increased air refreshment from outside: Running air refreshment equipment programmes for longer hours. It is advisable to start them at least two hours before occupation and keep them running up to two hours after closing. However, ideally, they should be kept running all the time and left on minimum ventilation overnight. For equipment controlled by a CO2 sensor, it is advised to drop the limit below 400 ppm.
- Toilet ventilation: It is advisable to keep ventilation running non-stop, 24/7, ideally creating under-pressure in these areas to prevent outward transmission. Toilets are considered a particularly hazardous area for infection.
- Disabling energy recovery in air-conditioners and recirculation systems: These mechanisms recover power by crossing the inward and outward air flows. To prevent potential contamination of fresh air from the outside with outward air which could contain the virus, all energy recovery options should be disabled.
- Filter cleaning: Filters in both air-conditioners and indoor units cannot be considered effective in eliminating the virus as they lack the necessary filtering power. Therefore, it is advisable to keep up the usual filter cleaning frequencies. Filters should be cleaned using suitable protection equipment, and wearing gloves and FPP3 face coverings is recommended. For filters that are washed and not replaced, equipment disinfection companies recommend using government-approved virucides, although there are no studies on their efficacy.
- Not altering temperature or humidity setpoints in an attempt to contain the virus: It is impossible to keep up the temperature and humidity levels needed to kill the virus, so any such attempts are futile.
- Cleaning ventilation ducts is not advisable at it is not effective in containing the virus. These measures have been implemented according to an audit by the SAUTER company, who manage HVAC equipment. The aim of these measures is to prioritise safety against the spread of Covid-19 over a comfortable temperature.