Oracle Database 21c adds over 200 new features. This session introduces and explores ten of the best additions and enhancements to Data Guard, Real Application Clusters, and high availability, including:
* Near-seamless Data Guard role transitions with Standby Result Cache
* New Fast-Start Failover automation and configuration validation
* Improved AutoUpgrade integration with RAC and Data Guard environments * Greater resliliance for RAC against instance failure and node evictions
* Streamlined patching, upgrade, and management for Oracle Grid Infrastructure
* Enhancements for maintaining and migrating database connections during planned and unplanned outages
* New connection management and security capabilities, and application continuity protection checks
This session offers database administrators and engineers practical observations and insights from real-world implementations of ten new features introduced in Oracle Database 21c. We’ll step beyond the marketing material with hands-on demonstrations and comparisons against existing solutions. Attendees will gain a deeper understanding for the usefulness and impact of these features, enabling a more informed assessment for the role Oracle Database 21c has in their environments.